We all might have been tempted at one time or another to put a bet on a horse or a football match, if we’re certain that they might win. While traditional betting can occasionally pay out big time, it is a really risky way of going about things, as you stand to lose a lot. Believe it or not, there are alternatives, which are guaranteed wins every time. Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of match betting.
Match-betting is a really great way of making a bit of extra cash on the side. It can be quite daunting to anyone unfamiliar with it, or people who aren’t too sure about where to turn to get the most out of match betting. We’ll break it down for you in this article, and offer up a match betting site database.
What is match betting?
At the end of the day, match betting is closer to maths than anything else. It’s basically when you take advantage of the freebies offered by betting sites, and rather than being lucky with your choices, you cover all your bases and prepare for all eventual outcomes by placing two bets. This means that whatever happens and whatever the outcome is, you’ll win. These are known as back bets and lay bets; each cancels out the other.
Sounds pretty straightforward, right? Well, on paper it seems as clear as day and as easy as anything, but in reality, you’ve really got to carefully consider what to bet on and how much. Once you do get to grips with the whole concept of match betting, you’ll find that it is a far less stressful process than standard betting, as either way, you’ll get some sort of victory.
What are the best match betting sites?
Here are some of the best match betting sites you can use for advice and for placing your bets. It’s worth noting that for premium usage, you do have to pay, but some of these sites offer free trials where you can still benefit and come home with some cash in your pocket:
- Profit Accumulator – one of the best and most well-reviewed match betting sites out there, Profit Accumulator is perfect for beginners who need helping hand with the entire process, as well as seasoned match-betters. It is updated every day, and lets you know exactly what to do and how to do it.
- OddsMonkey – OddsMonkey is often regarded as one of the very first match betting software sites, and they’ve been going for a good few years now. Easy to navigate, with an easy-to-use interface, OddsMonkey is an essential addition to the match betting site database.
- MatchedBets – does what it says on the tin! These guys stand out from the pack because their odds matching software is actually integrated, basically streamlining the whole process for you. There are also lots of videos to help you out.
- Profit Squad – this site prides itself on finding those key match betting site loopholes and posting them first, which gives you the chance to make the most of them while they are still available. There’s also a live chat setting, meaning you can talk with other users.
- Profit Maximiser. One of the old-school matched betting sites is Profit Maximiser. Since 2013, they’ve been focusing on a variety of sportsbook offers. If you’re new to the scene and want the input of some experts, you can’t go far wrong here.
Matched Betting Tips
If you’re interested in getting into match betting, there are a few things you want to look out for. Here are some of our top tips:
- Look out for commission rates. The first thing to think about is how much commission the exchanges you use take. When you’re making your lay bets, you’ll use a betting exchange. These take a small amount of your net winnings. To maximise your profits, you’ll want to go with an exchange using a low rate, such as Betdaq.
- Take small steps. Betting exchanges don’t particularly like matched betting. If they catch you doing it (or suspect you are), you’ll likely find that your account gets ‘gubbed’. Essentially, this means that you get restrictions on your account. To avoid this, try not to have multiple accounts with the same provider and avoid only betting when promotions are on.
- Double-check your work. Matched betting can be a profitable venture. However, there is room to get things wrong, meaning you could miss out on those gains. For match betting success, make sure you’re familiar with the terms and conditions of the sites you use, and double-check each set of bets you place.
- Use similar odds. When you’re placing your back and lay bets, you’ll want to find sites/exchanges that offer similar odds on the event. The closer the match, the more you’ll earn from each offer.
- Track your earnings. It’s easy to get carried away with things when the money starts rolling in. This can make you more adventurous with your bets. However, by keeping on top of what you’re making, you can know where you stand financially.
So, there you have it, some of our top tips for match betting, as well as a match betting database of some of the best websites out there. If you want to get into betting, this is one of the best ways to make sure you maximise your profits. In essence, it’s a no-lose situation, provided you do it right.
With a bit of know-how, as well as some patience, you can soon start raking in the money. However, bear in mind that some betting sites have no patience for match betting, and will restrict or close your account as soon as they suspect you’re doing it.