Phone number: 01684 217897
MoneyNerd has been registered with the ICO since 28th May 2020. Registration number: ZA759524
MoneyNerd is a registred trade mark. Trade mark number: UK00003340161
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include:
- Identity Data including forenames, last name, maiden name, date of birth, gender, marital status, and username or similar identifier
- Contact Data including home address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data including banks statements, payment card details, savings, debts such as loans and credit cards, income & expenditure, employer & pension benefits, and other assets
- Transaction Data including payments made for products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the how MoneyNerd website
- Profile and Usage Data including purchases made by you, feedback and survey responses, and how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our business partners and your communication preferences
How do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected by us using the following methods:
- Automated technologies or interactions with our website, by using the web enquiry form, processing Identity, Contact, Financial and Technical categories of personal data.
- Third parties or publicly available sources (processing Identity, Contact and Financial categories of personal data) such as enquiries you may have made via our introducers.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in the following circumstances and relying on the following lawful basis for processing:
|Purpose/Activity||Data Category||Lawful basis|
|To contact you to discuss your enquiry/application, to explain the next stages of the process and who your data may be shared with||Identity data|
Profile & Usage data
Marketing & Communications data
|Necessary for our legitimate interest|
|To manage our relationship with you, for example updating you with changes to our policies, contacting you about products that may be of interest to you||Identity data|
Profile & Usage data
Marketing & Communications data
|To comply with a legal/ regulatory obligation|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing and customer relationships/experiences||Profile & Usage data|
|Necessary for our legitimate interest|
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes stated above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and it is compatible with the original purpose. Please contact us for an explanation as to how any new processing is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 4th August 2020. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
MarketingYou will also have the choice to opt-in to receiving other related marketing information and related products and services.You can opt-out of receiving these types of communications at any time by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the relevant link in email communications you receive from us.
However please note that your personal information will not be passed to any third-party organisation for marketing purposes.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to only those how MoneyNerd staff, appointed representatives, advisers, business partners and suppliers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The MoneyNerd website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Links to the Privacy Notices for our lenders/third-party providers are below:
The Debt Advice Service – https://thedebtadviceservice.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Loans Warehouse – https://www.loanswarehouse.co.uk/legal/privacy-cookie-policy
Monetise – https://www.monetise.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Sharing of personal data outside of the European Economic Area
MoneyNerd Limited will not share your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless at your specific request or to comply with a legal duty to do so. Some of the processors we use may transfer your personal information to other territories or countries outside the EEA. If this is the case, we will ensure they take such steps as are necessary to ensure appropriate safeguards apply to maintain the same levels of protection as are needed under data protection laws in the UK.
Who we disclose personal data to
Your personal data may be shared with third parties for the following purposes:
|Brokers||To source, refer and submit applications for lending and debt management services on your behalf and for the ongoing servicing of these applications including using details for statistical analysis and analytics regardless of whether you take up a loan with it|
|External suppliers for example specialist IT, couriers, surveyors or accounting firms||Where specialist firms are employed by MoneyNerd to facilitate support functions, it may be necessary to share your personal information for example an address for a surveyor to attend to complete a valuation report|
|Original introducing parties||If you have not come to us directly, we may need to report back to the original introducer to provide them with an update on the outcome of your application|
|Regulators||Sharing information with our regulatory bodies may be a requirement if requested and required to fulfil any legal obligation we have. This may be the ICO, FCA or to comply with Money Laundering regulations, law enforcement etc.|
|Financial Ombudsman Service||Should you make a complaint to the FOS, we will need to share personal details regarding your application to assist in an investigation of a complaint|
|Credit reference and Fraud Prevention agencies (such as Equifax or CIFAS)||When searching for a lender for you, we will need to approach the CRAs to gather your credit file information. Should you wish to proceed, an application search may be registered with the CRA leaving a footprint on your credit file.|
|Others||Third parties whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business with in the future will be subject to using your personal data in the same way as set out in this notice|
These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of your personal data, and to use your personal data only in the course of providing such services and in accordance with how MoneyNerd’s instructions.
How long is your personal data retained?
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary. The table below outlines how long data is retained, and depends on the reason the personal data is used for:
|Processing stage||Retention timescale|
|Newsletter signup||Indefinitely, until you unsubscribe|
|All other data and form submit||Information is passed to partners and no data is retained|
After these retention periods if there is no other on-going client relationship your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used for statistical purposes but without any method of identifying you individually.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data – This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Should you wish to make a Data Subject Access Request, you should put this in writing to us as details on our Statement of Services. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Request correction of the personal data – This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You can also ask us to delete your personal data where you have successfully objected to the processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. However, we may not always be able to delete the data for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data – where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party – We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data – However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Who do I contact?
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us. We will respond to you as soon as is possible. The length of time will depend on the type and complexity of the request, but you will receive a response no later than one month from the initial request.
What if I am still not satisfied?
If you are not satisfied with how MoneyNerd has responded to your enquiry, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is the regulator for data protection in the United Kingdom.
Wycliffe House; Water Lane
Telephone: 01625 545745
Please call us on 01923 678870 if you have any queries.